C.H.I. Bible Verses
These are the Bible verses that we use in developing CHI. As the Latin phrase "Finis origine pendet" states, "The end depends upon the beginning"
and these Bible verses are here to help you through some of those rough times as you grow from the "beginning" and develop into the "end".
We will be memorizing all of these by the end of the school year, we will have periodic quizzes where you will be required to know them. They will be on every lecture exam we have. Be ready!!
The Bible verses inside the colored box are the ones you are required to know.
Required Bible verses as of this time:
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 - Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good character."
- Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.
- John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, for who so ever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
- Proverbs 10:9 - The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.
- James 1:22 - Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:14 - And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.
- Proverbs 11:3 - The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.
- Psalm 62:7 - My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
- Proverbs 11:1 - The LORD hates cheating, but he delights in honesty.
- Proverbs 12:18 - Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
- Romans 12:10 - Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
- James 1:4 - So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.
- 1 Chronicles 29:17 - I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there.
- 1 Peter 3:8 - Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble
- Psalm 27:11 - Teach me how to live, O LORD. Lead me along the path of honesty, for my enemies are waiting for me to fall.
- Proverbs 11:20 - The LORD hates people with twisted hearts, but he delights in those who have integrity.
- Psalm 25:21 - May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.
- Titus 2:7 - And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good deeds of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching.
These Bible verses will be required soon:
- Proverbs 2:7 - He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity.
- Romans 5:4 - And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation.